Environmental Project Specialist

Company: Kohler Co.
Location: Kohler, WI
Employment Type: Full Time

Description:
Kohler Co., a world-class manufacturer of exceptional kitchen and bath
products, engines, power generations systems, distinguished furniture,
and renowned for luxurious hospitality businesses is seeking an
Environmental Project Specialist. Be part of a team responsible for
leading innovations in gracious living.

BASIC FUNCTION

Provide technical support for regulation of the chemical content of Kohler Co. products.


SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES

1. Maintain an understanding of global regulations/laws regarding product chemical content. Ensure chemical content restrictions are communicated and monitored.

2. Maintain an understanding of global regulations/laws regarding product registration and labeling requirements. Ensure chemical content restrictions are communicated and monitored.

3. Provide technical support for product design projects, specifically for chemical content and material selection. Recommend alternatitive materials, with consideration of overall business strategy, environmental rules, sustainability, cost, potential liabilities, and material properties

4. Develop and maintain expert knowledge of existing regulations regarding product/process chemical content, labeling and registration requirements; anticipate future requirements.

5. Develop best practice processes for regulatory compliance with product stewardship laws, and share best practices across the businesses.

6. Provide a technical resource to advise manufacturing operations on compliance requirements, and promote best practices across the manufacturing community. Work closely with the New Product Development groups within each of the businesses, to proactively ensure compliance for new products.

7. Conduct periodic audits across the businesses, to ensure compliance is being maintained consistently within the company.

8. Whenever possible, provide technical support for footprint reduction efforts.

9. Develop and maintain a positive image for Kohler Co. with the public and with government regulatory agencies.



TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
This position has global responsibilities. North America travel may reach 10% and international travel 20%, for a total expected maximum travel requirement of 30%.


RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
1. Supervisory Relationships:

  • Reports to the Supervisor - Waste Management

    2. Organization Relationships:
  • Frequent contact with EHS staff.
  • Frequent contact with product design associates and engineering.
  • Occasional contact with regulatory agencies.

    3. External Business Relationships:
  • Occasional contact with regulatory agencies.
  • Frequent contact with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.


    EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
    1. Requires BS degree in engineering, environmental, or similar field.

    2. Requires at least three years of related experience.

    3. A thourough knowledge of global product content standards and regulations is required.

    4. Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills are essential.

    5. This position is action oriented requiring the incumbent to analyze global regulations, establish internal and external working relationships and to efficetively communicate chemical content restrictions.


    Job Code: 11532
    Category: Professional
    Post Date: Monday, May 02, 2011 at 4:01 AM
    Company: Kohler Co.
    Contact Name: Human Resources

    Apply Methods

    - apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.

    - create an online resume and apply to this job.

    - have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.

  • © 1996 - 2014 Data Frenzy, All Rights Reserved.