Company: Kohler Co.
Location: Kohler, WI
Employment Type: Full Time
To provide assistance to satellite facilities in establishing maintenance programs, implement maintenance best practices and improve those in previously established locations. To analyze, recommend and implement cost savings initiatives and document results in the area of maintenance reliability. To work hand in hand with maintenance personnel to maximize resources and protect company assets. Extensive travel (up to 70%) both foreign and domestic as project assignments require.
1. To analyze, recommend and implement cost savings opportunities within the Maintenance division to fully utilize company resources, assets and personnel. Develop equipment or system modifications for recommendation to management that will provide improved reliability, safety, and/or reduced maintenance costs.
2. Maintain effective communication with on-site supervision.
3. Make recommendations and plans necessary to establish controlled maintenance storerooms and equipment parts catalog systems.
4. Lead efforts to establish formal maintenance management programs such as Work Order Systems, Asset History, Preventive Maintenance, Planning and Scheduling.
5. Implement maintenance best practices (TPM, KOS, MEI, etc.) at various Kohler facilities as assigned.
6. Responsible for implementation of PMP Maintenance process and new plant ramp-up projects.
7. Development of White Papers or capital planning documents for the Maintenance Division as required and the associated ACT development and management of such projects for the given year, that they are completed within project timeframe and financial guidelines.
8. Oversee and/or conduct any Maintenance Program audits or time studies required to insure their compliance and quality.
9. Perform the engineering services required in the establishment, planning, justification, development, and control of miscellaneous capital projects and expenses.
10. Maintain control of company policies, safety regulations, housekeeping and operating standards.
11. Prepare reports and maintain records as are required in the performance of these duties.
12. Perform any other related duties as assigned by your Supervision.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
1. Reports to the Supervisor-Global Maintenance Processes.
2. No direct subordinates.
1. Frequent contact with Plant and Maintenance supervision, including Foremen and Production Supervisors.
2. Frequent contact with related production and maintenance personnel
3. Moderate contact with CMMS administrators regarding computerized information.
4. Moderate contact with personnel involved in material acquisition such as Purchasing, Maintenance Stores, Receiving, etc.
5. Occasional contact with other miscellaneous departments including Corporate Manufacturing Engineering, Divisional Manufacturing Engineering.
External Business Relationships:
1. Has contact with consultants, vendors, engineering firms, etc., outside the company as needed to provide additional support to the Maintenance Division.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
College graduate with B.S. degree in Engineering Technology , Industrial Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree. Must possess excellent written and oral
communications skills. Must be computer literate. Ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required.
Job Code: 12234
Post Date: Monday, May 02, 2011 at 4:01 AM
Company: Kohler Co.
Contact Name: Human Resources
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.