Bold. Conservation. Are you drawn to beautiful designs and innovative technologies that help us live smarter, easier lives with greater sustainability? Join the Kitchen & Bath Group and be involved in the development of revolutionary products like the Karbon™ kitchen faucet; the DTV™ showering system that integrates water, music, steam and chromatherapy; and unique Nature's Chemistry™ lavatories and kitchen sinks crafted from rich, organic materials. Be part of the Kohler team and influence the next generation of kitchen and bath design.
Kohler Co. is currently seeking a Director of Quality, Kitchen and Bath Americas. This position will be located in beautiful Kohler, Wisconsin.
Directs and oversees the Quality function for Kitchen & Bath Americas. Leads the Strategic and Operational Planning for Quality improvement and directs company-wide programs to reduce warranty, customer claim rates and improve customer-experienced quality levels. Develops, improves, deploys, and administers the Quality Management Systems for Kitchen and Bath Americas. The Director has shared P&L ownership for Warranty expense, including annual financial planning, monthly operational analysis and warranty program management. Leads and directs the work of others.
1. Development and application of Quality Engineering methods for Kitchen and Bath Americas, especially variability reduction, problem-solving, operations certification and change management techniques.
2. Coordination with Fixtures Business Teams, Sales and Customer Service to accomplish strategic Quality and Warranty financial plans.
3. Implement and maintain certification to ISO 9000 or QS 9000 Quality Management System as required, and ensure that the Kohler Quality Management Systems (KQMS) are used to drive improvement.
4. Work cross-functionally (especially with Purchasing and Engineering) to define and execute Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Development strategies, with the goal of reducing variation (and cost) in sourced materials.
5. Develop a staff of Quality professionals that can lead the organization in application of quality methods (Control Plans, FMEA, SPC, DOE, etc.), including Operation Certification and effective change management.
6. Model the Kitchen and Bath Americas Leadership Competencies and the Kohler Co. Core Competencies. Work effectively with associates at all levels.
7. Support New Product Development programs with current field data to influence design & drive a 50% reduction in failure rates for vitality products. Predict and eliminate customer issues while driving an overall improvement in customer satisfaction.
8. Manage field issues, including product recovery, corrective and preventive action plans.
9. Provide expertise and support for KOS implementation, with particular emphasis on Kohler Co Quality Management Systems. Coordinate closely with Technical Services KOS support group, so that Quality methods are seen in the context of KOS and company-wide quality systems.
10. Help drive the integration of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Quality, and Team-Based organizations.
11. Develop, maintain and leverage collaborative relationships with strategic customers and suppliers. Deliver innovative programs that improve customer satisfaction, eliminate waste, improving Quality Systems and business outcomes.
12. Provide strategic guidance and management oversight to Corrective Action Program Manager in diagnosing and eliminating warranty problems.
13. Travel required is 0-25%.
1. BS or MS, preferably in an Engineering field, minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience in Quality Management, Operations and/or Product Engineering.
2. Strong background in Quality Management, especially variability reduction, problem-solving, robust design and process improvement.
3. Passion and skill at team building, succession planning and organizational development.
4. Good background in Lean Manufacturing, Customer Service and Product Design.
5. Experience with QS 9000, or ASQ Certification as CQE or CQM is highly desirable.
Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested & qualified, please apply directly online at: