Main Job Functions: a) Performs routine and specialized maintenance of facility and equipment under minimal supervision, and b) maintains compliance to the appropriate external regulations and internal maintenance policies.
Purpose/Objectives of Job Functions: a) To ensure safe and cost effective operation of the facility and equipment, and b) to ensure safe and enviromentally sound maintenance practices which comply with both government regulations and G&K policies.
Key Working/Business Relationships: Internally - Maintenance Staff, Production, Plant and General Managers, Production Workers, Regional Engineer, Regional Director of Operations, Corporate Engineering and other Maintenance Staffs, and externally - Contractors, Equipment Suppliers, Chemical Suppliers, Local Utility and Vendor Representatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- ADMINISTRATIVE WORK: What – participates in meetings, can prepare variety of reports and maintain thorough records and files, Why - to ensure a proper level of communication and documentation, When - as required, Guidelines/Assistance – Local, Regional and Corporate staff, and End Results – good communication, accurately maintained records and files.
- PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE RELATED WORK: What – performs predefined preventive maintenance procedures at specific time intervals, Why – to minimize downtime and maintenance cost. To provide for safe & efficient operations, When – at predefined intervals, Guidelines/Assistance – G&K PM Logs, Regional & Corporate Engineering, and End Results – minimum downtime and maintenance cost.
- EQUIPMENT REPAIR WORK: What – Performs downtime repair work, Why – to maintain proper production levels, When – as required, Guidelines/Assistance – Equipment Suppliers & Manuals, Regional & Corporate Engineering, Other G&K Maintenance Staff/Personnel, and End Results – proper and timely repairs are made.
- PROJECT WORK (NON-CAPITAL): What – Performs predefined equipment or facility work, Why – to maintain equipment and facility at optimum level for production, When – as determined by prioritization, Guidelines/Assistance – prioritization from Project Logs and Regional Engineer, additional G&K Maintenance resources as required, and End Results – plant at optimum operational level.
- High School education, or equivalent, plus specialized course work beyond High School.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years of maintenance work experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Trade skills in one or more: welding, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, instrumentation, boilers.
- Ability to interpret and understand maintenance manuals which are written in English.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, LICENSES etc.:
- Boiler operator license required in some states.