Location: Tampa, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Role: Medical Records Retrieval Specialist
Assignment: Medicare Risk Adjustment
Location: Tampa, FL
Are you a fit?
Are you looking for a career with one of America's premier insurance companies, and a leader in Medicare Advantage Plans? Do you have experience with medical records? Do you enjoy traveling? Then this may be the position for you.
Our Medical Record Retrieval Specialist will spend their time traveling within their local city, county and region, as well as traveling to other states and markets on an as-needed basis.
- Scan medical records into a secure system so they may be reviewed by Humana's medical record coding staff for multiple issues.
- You will travel up to 90% of the time. This travel will consist of driving to locations close to your home as well as driving or flying to locations that require overnight travel for up to a week at a time.
- You will use a laptop computer and portable scanner to retrieve sections of medical records which will be uploaded into a database
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Drives for excellence: You are a continuous learner who encourages others to learn. By constantly upgrading your own work, you achieve results and outperform the competition.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- You must be familiar with all aspects of a patient chart and the records in it to include progress notes, lab reports, radiology reports, etc...
- You must be motivated, and organized, as you will be dealing with scheduling visits to physician offices which should never be cancelled once made.
- Strong professional presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent PC skills (including MS Word, Excel and Access) required.
- College degree
- Medical coding exposure or experience.
You will report to a Clinical Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operations Officer.
This position is a rewarding one, and the work you will be doing for Humana is of great importance to the Medicare division. If you like traveling and not being tied down to an office all day, then this position is perfect for you.
Job Code: 40894
Category: Health Care
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.