Location: Green Bay, WI
Employment Type: Full Time
Description: Educates patients about their diagnosis and the available treatment options.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Role: Clinical Innovations Personal Nurse Navigator
Assignment: Personal Nurse - Cancer Program
Location: WI - KY
Are you a fit?
Do you have experience in oncology? Do you have a passion for helping patients navigate through their cancer journey? Are you a self-starter and capable of working alone from your home office? If you answered yes, continue reading to learn more and decide if this role is for you!
The Humana Cancer Program Nurse takes an active role in providing expert guidance to cancer information; resources and tools to increase patients' ability to manage their cancer condition,
The Humana Cancer Nurse telephonically:
Discusses any signs or symptoms that may arise over the course of treatment and recovery.
Refers patients to appropriate cancer support programs and resources in their communities
Provides guidance on nutrition, psychosocial issues, integrated medicine and treatment adherence
Counsels and empowers patients to take control of their health resulting in improved clinical decision-making
This position requires full-time hours on the phone, with the ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of our members in the evenings or occasionally on weekends. As a nurse with Humana, you can make a difference in the lives of your patients and improve their health outcomes. Through your clinical knowledge, support, and desire to educate and empower your patients, you are making a significant positive impact in the health care industry.
- Leveraging Technology: You are technological savvy and know how to appropriately share and use your knowledge to improve business results.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Is Accountable: You meet clearly stated expectations and take responsibility for achieving results.
- Clinical Knowledge: You understand clinical program design, implementation, management/monitoring to support choice in consumer medical care. Understands the medical utilization implications of such programs
- Communication: You actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure continuous understanding regardless of communication channel or audience.
Active unrestricted RN license in your state of residence
Bachelors degree, preferably in healthcare or business related field
Seasoned professional with three or more years of clinical experience
Recent adult oncology experience dealing with the active treatment of cancer
Must have accessibility to high speed DSL for a home office (no satellite or wireless)
Knowledge of current treatment guidelines for specific cancer diagnoses
Oncology Certified Nurse
Ability to navigate the web, Microsoft Word, Excel and typing skills
Health promotion and health coaching experience
Call center or telephone experience
Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
You will report to a Front Line Leader/Coach. This area is under the leadership of the Director of Personal Nurse Operations.
Job Code: 42571
Category: Health Care
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.