Location: Louisville, KY
Employment Type: Full Time
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Role: Tax Accountant
Location: Louisville, KY
Are you a fit?
Do you have at least 2-4 years accounting/tax experience? Do you have a strong attention to detail and like solving problems?
We are currently seeking a Tax Accountant to join the Tax Department in our Louisville headquarters. This individual will work with the tax manager and will be challenged primarily with the following responsibilities:
- Assist Tax Manager in preparing and/or reviewing book-tax differences. Assist in documenting processes and writing procedures to ensure SOX compliance.
- Prepare, document, and verify journal entries to deferred and current income taxes quarterly and annually on a GAAP basis.
- Prepare workpapers and documentation necessary to make deferred and current income tax entries on a statutory accounting basis (SAP 10R).
- Study and understand statutory accounting processes so as to be able to compute deferred tax differences on a statutory basis.
- Update, maintain, document, use and understand new tax accrual (OneSource) system.
- Review and/or prepare federal, state and local tax returns. This process may involve interaction with numerous departments including corporate accounting, legal, treasury, and systems development.
- Maintain tax records; prepare schedules and related reports for federal, state and local tax returns.
- Maintain and provide timely and accurate reconciliations of various general ledger accounts and performs special projects as assigned.
- Utilize computer applications to compile, retrieve and summarize accounting information for analyses and reporting purposes
Introduce or develop new ideas and processes which improve performance or productivity
- Train and develop staff
- Drives for excellence: You are a continuous leaner who encourages others to learn. By constantly upgrading your own work, you achieve results and outperform the competition.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Leveraging Technology: You choose and adeptly use appropriate technology tools, methodologies and solutions. Champions the wide use of technology applications.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related field required
- 2 - 4 year accounting experience required.
- Experience with Excel, Word and some ACCESS.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to operate with minimal direction and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Judgment and independent decision making required for moderately complex issues.
- Knowledge of tax accounting and related tax concepts.
- Ability to multitask.
- Income Tax accrual experience
- Experience with computerized tax software programs
You will report to a Tax Manager.
Job Code: 46092
Category: Accounting / Human Resources
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.