Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Role: Enrollment Advisor
Assignment: Commercial, Specialty
Location: Boston, MA
Are you a fit?
Are you a self-starter? Would you enjoy using your business knowledge to help support a sales team by partnering with internal and external resources to deliver effective enrollment and implementation processes. Are you able to support an enrollment process by proactively identifying and resolving problems?
As a Specialty Enrollment Advisor, you will manage the enrollment of both new and renewal products, and support the Specialty Sales organization in customer relations management. You will also facilitate enrollment meetings and oversee the day-to-day resolution of employer and broker issues.
- Meet with an employer to set-up the enrollment meeting schedule, explain billing and payroll deductions
- Establish plan implementation guidelines with account management team
- Conduct employee group meetings explaining benefits to be offered
- Meet with employees (at the employers workplace) on an individual basis to educate them on the voluntary benefits being offered
- Capture enrollment elections using a laptop computer
- Educate brokers and agency staff to ensure correct and timely completion of all enrollment materials
- Conduct monthly briefings for all newly effective employer accounts to educate customers about employer portal functions
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Associate's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Valid state health insurance license
- Previous experience in group health benefits sales or account management with exposure to Specialty and Voluntary benefits
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- You will report to a Market Practice Leader This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
- Some travel is required, and hours may vary according to need
Job Code: 46485
Category: Banking / Finance / Insurance
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.