Location: Irving, TX
Employment Type: Full Time
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Role: Physician Contracting Representative
Assignment: Lifesynch Provider Contracting
Location: Irving, TX
Are you a fit?
Are you a strategic thinker and a problem solver? Would you enjoy using your business knowledge to negotiate and manage successful provider relationships?
As a Physician Contracting Representative you will: prioritize network needs both quantitatively and qualitatively, strategically approach the hospital provider community, and negotiate contracts that are favorable to Humana's business. You will also ensure a competitive network, helping to facilitate the sales force's ability to penetrate new business opportunities.
- Negotiate and re-negotiate high-volume, transactional-style physician contracts
- Function as the single point-of-contact for all on-going contractual and service issues as needed by providers
- Facilitate provider education, training them in order to increase their familiarity and satisfaction with Humana's systems and strategies
- Create trend analyses and summaries for decision-making purposes
- Interface with market leaders to align contracting needs and business efforts
- Set targets and priorities in order to meet national and market-specific network needs.
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Provider Contracting experience
- Experience in analyzing, understanding and communicating financial trends
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and work independently and proactively
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Access
- A valid Driver's license and an automobile are required for this role
- Demonstrated ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain success in a high stress environment
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Behavioral health contracting experience
- Background in behavioral health, social services or psychology
You will report to a Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
Job Code: 43917
Category: Health Care
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.