Location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Humana has entered a joint venture with Discovery, a world leader in wellness, rewards, and loyalty. Based in Chicago, this joint venture will partner with the Vitality Group, Discovery's U.S. subsidiary, to further Humana's Dream to Help People Achieve Lifelong Well-Being. We are seeking strong talent with a commitment to well-being, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to carve out new space within our industry and beyond. This position will be with Humana-Vitality, LLC, a Humana affiliate.
Role: Network and Provider Strategies Leader
Assignment: Humana Vitality
Location: Chicago, IL
As a Network and Provider Strategies Leader you will be accountable to provide an ongoing strategic view and direction to multiple initiatives.
- Lead Vendor sourcing process - direct contracting with team & corporate procurement
- Post contract work - including ensuring that vendors are in the system. IT connections coordinate UAT (user acceptance testing) to ensure operational readiness to support product and network implementations.
- Develop immediate and long term strategy and plan, working in conjunction with product development, marketing and consumer experience leaders to ensure the network fits with the product and marketing strategies
- Work in conjunction with International partners to ensure shared network strategies and synergies are developed
- Work with Marketing for co-branding opportunities
- Relationships with vendors; key logistics to negotiate with vendors. Partner with marketing for execution
- Coordinate with other HumanaVitality areas when new partner/vendor need arises. Help determine right vendor approach (outsource vs in house)
- Strategically align vendor relationships and align HumanaVitality business - ensure strategically making decisions
- Align with South African company - Discovery for global network vendors
- Acts Strategically: Has vision, anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Leadership: You inspire extraordinary results by: engaging associates, valuing diversity and shaping culture to support a high performance environment.
- Communication: You actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure continuous understanding regardless of communication channel or audience
- Innovates: Introduces or develops new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity. Generates insights through thought leadership. Leverages business intelligence, data, insights, and other research to drive differential value and expand HumanaVitality's capability to compete.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Prior product development experience
- Previous experience in launching new business
- Professional image and excellent communication skills required
- Possess a solid understanding of operations, technology, communications and processes
- Ability to travel internationally
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- PMP certification a plus
- Six Sigma Certification also a plus
- Experience integrating new companies or business units into a parent company, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Healthcare background
Job Code: 44438
Category: Sales & Marketing
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.