Location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Humana has entered a joint venture with Discovery, a world leader in wellness, rewards, and loyalty. Based in Chicago, this joint venture will partner with the Vitality Group, Discovery's U.S. subsidiary, to further Humana's Dream to Help People Achieve Lifelong Well-Being. We are seeking strong talent with a commitment to well-being, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to carve out new space within our industry and beyond. This position will be with Humana-Vitality, LLC, a Humana affiliate.
Role: Network and Provider Strategies Consultant
Location: Chicago, IL
As a Network and Provider Strategies Consultant you will develop and maintain key relationships; works with assigned area to optimize business results.
- Apply your financial and data analysis expertise in supporting our sales, contracting and clinical teams.
- Create spreadsheet forecasting models and develop database tools to assist senior management in provider/customer negotiations, to measure growth and monitor profitability.
- Work in a consultative role with various departments locally and at corporate headquarters in creating effective information and analyses in order to optimize the market's strategic objectives.
- Create and maintain relationships with partners
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Drives for excellence: You are a continuous learner who encourages others to learn. By constantly upgrading your own work, you achieve results and outperform the competition.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience in a fast paced insurance or health care setting
- Computer literate (MS Word, Power Point, Excel). Proven analytical skills, spreadsheet modeling and database development.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong relationship building skills
- Graduate degree preferred
Job Code: 44439
Category: Sales & Marketing
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.