Location: Atlanta, GA
Employment Type: Full Time
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Role: Hospital Contracting Executive
Assignment: Provider Contracting
Location: Atlanta, GA
Are you a fit?
Are you a strategic thinker and a self-starter? Would you enjoy using your contracting knowledge to negotiate and manage successful provider relationships?
As Hospital Contracting Executive you will prioritize network needs both quantitatively and qualitatively. You will strategically engage the hospital provider community and negotiate contracts that are favorable to Humana's business. You will also ensure that our networks are competitive within the industry by helping facilitate sales' ability to penetrate new business opportunities.
- Negotiate hospital and ancillary contracts at market competitive pricing.
- Initiate and maintain productive long-term relationships with key hospital and group practice administrators and members.
- Communicate proactively with other departments in order to ensure effective and efficient business results.
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Care Administration or a related field.
- Progressive network management experience, including contracting and network administration in a health solutions company.
- Proven experience negotiating Medicare and CMS reimbursement methodologies with complex hospital systems and large physician groups.
- Extensive provider contracting skills, including contract preparation and implementation, financial analysis and rate proposal development.
- A valid Driver's license and an automobile are required for this role.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
You will report to a Director. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
Job Code: 44779
Category: Health Care
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.