Location: Atlanta, GA
Employment Type: Full Time
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Role: Large Practice and Ancillary Contracting Executive
Assignment: Provider Contracting
Location: Atlanta, GA
Are you a fit?
Are you a self-starter and an analytical thinker? Would you enjoy using your business knowledge to negotiate and manage successful provider relationships?
As a Large Practice and Ancillary Contracting Executive you will prioritize network needs both quantitatively and qualitatively, strategically approach the hospital provider community, and negotiate contracts that are favorable to Humana's business. You will also ensure that our networks are competitive by helping to facilitate the sales force's ability to penetrate new business opportunities.
- Negotiate and re-negotiate high-volume, transactional-style physician contracts.
- Function as the single point-of-contact for all on-going contractual and service issues as needed by providers.
- Facilitate provider education, training them in order to increase their familiarity and satisfaction with Humana's systems and strategies.
- Create trend analyses and summaries for decision-making purposes.
- Interface with market leaders to align contracting needs and business efforts.
- Set targets and priorities in order to meet national and market-specific network needs.
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Prior demonstrated success in provider contracting, with both large physician groups and ancillary providers
- Proficiency in analyzing, understanding and communicating financial trends
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Access
- A valid Driver's license and an automobile are required for this role
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Working knowledge in the areas of Group Practice Management, Long-Term Acute Care, home health, home infusion, behavioral health, ambulatory surgery, and the outpatient experience
You will report to a Director. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
This position requires extensive travel throughout the assigned region
Job Code: 45716
Category: Health Care
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.