Location: San Antonio, TX
Employment Type: Full Time
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Role: Acute Case Manager
Assignment: Clinical Guidance Organization
Location: San Antonio, TX
Are you a fit?
Do you enjoy working with medical members? Do you have a desire to be in a position where you can provide guidance to our member population as it is related to their health care needs? If so then read on!
You will collaborate with other health care givers in reviewing actual and proposed medical care and services against established CMS Coverage Guidelines review criteria.
- Manage network participation, care with specialty networks, care with DME providers and transfers to alternative levels of care using your knowledge of benefit plan design
- Recommend services for Humana Plan members utilizing care alternatives available within the community and nationally
- Identify potentially unnecessary services and care delivery settings, and recommend alternatives if appropriate by analyzing clinical protocols
- Examine clinical programs information to identify members for specific case management and / or disease management activities or interventions by utilizing established screening criteria
- Conduct admission review, post-discharge calls and discharge planning
- Leveraging Technology: You are technological savvy and know how to appropriately share and use your knowledge to improve business results.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Is Accountable: You meet clearly stated expectations and take responsibility for achieving results.
- Clinical Knowledge: You understand clinical program design, implementation, management/monitoring to support choice in consumer medical care. Understands the medical utilization implications of such programs
- Communication: You actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure continuous understanding regardless of communication channel or audience.
- Active RN license in the state(s) in which the nurse is required to practice
- Ability to be licensed in multiple states without restrictions
- Prior clinical experience preferably in an acute care, skilled or rehabilitation clinical setting
- Ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
- Valid drivers license and/or dependable transportation necessary (variable by region))
- Education: BSN or Bachelors degree in a related field
- Health Plan experience
- Previous Medicare/Medicaid Experience a plus
- Call center or triage experience
- Previous experience in utilization management, discharge planning and/or home health or rehab
- Bilingual is a plus
You will report to a Manager or Supervisor. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
Job Code: 45942
Category: Health Care
Post Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Contact Name: http://www.humana.com/careers
- apply to this job without creating a job seeker profile.
- create an online resume and apply to this job.
- have an account? login to apply using your saved resume and profile.